Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A New Hope: Stats Part Dodici

Rejection treat update:  Banana with cream cheese frosting and a salted caramel filling from Kara's Cupcakes and Rogue Chocolate Stout.  The salty/sweet combo was unspeakably* delicious.

Queries sent:  100
Rejections received: 35
Requests pending: 3 full** and 2 partials!  Both partials are new requests, one of them from a DREAM AGENT (squee!).  One of the partials also requested I send the first three chapters by post.  Although it sucks to have to pay postage, it's always kind of awesome to print out a gorgeously formatted piece with your name on it.  If I squint, I can almost pretend it's really published.

I also got to write an author bio for one of my requests, which unlike the synopsis and the query, was actually kind of fun.  I recommend that my readers who are also writers try it for kicks.

In other news, I actually started working on a new book.  I decided the best way to go would be to write from a different viewpoint in a completely new genre.  Take that year of hard-won experience!

*Though apparently, not un-writably
**I've decided to include the Word-challenged agent in this category even though I'm not sure she's still considering me.  Hey, a girl's got averages to bump up.

1 comment:

  1. That cupcake sounds delicious!

    Good luck with the requests. Sometimes the waiting is worse than the rejections.

    ReplyDelete