Saturday, December 4, 2010

Stats Part Dieci

Queries sent: 100.  That's right one fucking hundred.
Rejections received: 24
Requests received:  I got a new full request this week.  So that makes 6 Grand total, with 4 still out there. 

So that means I've had a non-response rate of 72%.  But I guess no one ever wanted to be a writer because it was easy.  Plus, just because I haven't heard doesn't mean that some agents won't come across my query a couple of weeks from now.  They can reject it then ;)

Either way, I'll keep updating the stats on the blog as I hear back.  Especially on cupcake/beer time.  For those interested, my 20 rejection combo was a gingerbread cupcake with cream cheese frosting and little tiny sugar maple leaf candy sprinkles from Susie Cakes.  My beer was Hitachino Nest White Ale, which comes from Japan and has the cutest owl on the bottle.  The beer tasted citrusy with notes of coriander, like a nice Belgian white.  And the owl is sure to ward off rejection!

No comments:

Post a Comment